Monday, April 15, 2013

Wanted to share this quickly ...



I am about to run out the door to go buy groceries for the guys heading in to Mozambique this week.  Mark, William, Brad and Derrick will travel tomorrow to Mozambique using the Giriyondo Border Post since the Pafuri Border Post is still closed.  They will go visit the churches and find out how they are doing as well as travel to the Pafuri border to try and find the Chief of Post to see what the plan is for the second food delivery they have been waiting on from the WFP.  Please pray for their time as they traveling through a different border (which is much further) and for their time spent with the different churches.  

*** update - William got word this morning that the Pafuri Border Post is OPEN.  They will travel through there tomorrow and then they are still considering coming back on Thursday through the Giriyondo Border Post.  They will be able to take in some seed when they go!

Before I go to the shops I just wanted to share this quickly … 

I just finished reading The Amazing Danis by David L. Scovill.  I highly recommend reading it.  He and his wife Esther were missionaries among the Dani tribes people of Papua, Indonesia for almost 50 years.  Years into their ministry they had an opportunity to go to a neighboring area to be the first to take the Gospel.  This area was referred to as the T-Valley and it is a totally different tribe than the Dani and no one could speak the language.  It was a long journey that he and another missionary along with several believers from the Dani tribe made.   You can read the book for the rest of the details but the one thing I want to share is what one of the Dani believers said to the local shaman who came to the house the Danis had just completed and he wanted to properly complete the process by “invoking the protection of the area spirits on the occupants of the house.”   (I don’t want to share too many detail because you would enjoy reading the book.)  The one thing I do want to share is the response of the Dani man, “My friend, I used to do all these other things but now I have a heavenly Father who watches over me … And we have come to tell you about the Creator God so that you will not have to live any longer in fear of those spirits.”  Now the Danis Missionaries have a huge role is seeing that people group transformed by the Gospel.   As I finished reading that section and other parts in the book, I kept thinking about those we are so privileged to share the Gospel with in Mozambique as well as the leaders who have attended the trainings so faithfully over the years.  This is what it is about for us … training the nationals to reach nationals.  My prayer is that the believers in Mozambique will continue to take a stand and that their lives would reflect the change that the Gospel has done for them.  
 


Here is the link to purchase the book (I was able to get mine free a few months ago)

No comments: