Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Stage is Gone

We started this morning around 8:30. Around 20 people have come to help us get the stage out. We knocked out a new door in the kitchen that will enter the new laundry room/pantry. We have moved lots of dirt and rubble out of the lounge and we have now knocked out the wall between the sink and toilet in the main bathroom. We have already filled up the 7 ton trailer once and taken it to Sean's to dump. We will take another load later today. We have had a few band-aids and one seminary student had to go to the hospital to get stitches :( We had a lunch break in the Lapa and one of my friends daughter, who is around age 11, has been a big help keeping my kitchen cabinets clean and making sure everyone gets enough water to drink. Here are a few pictures so far ...





















It was hard work and we are so thankful for everyone who gave up their Saturday to help us. Now we are off to unload the truck at Sean's.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

My oh my, how different it looks!
I know everyone is very tired. What a blessing for you to have so much help. I hope the person who had to get stitches is doing OK. Did you find a concrete slab beneath all of that rubble where the stage once was? God knows exactly what He wants in His home.
When all is finished, you will have a delightful home in which to share the love of God with everyone. After all, God sent His "earthly helpers" to help accomplish the project!
Love you all!
Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

What a project!!
I woke this morning with you guys on my mind and in my prayers. Hope all is well. Know that we love and miss you guys! Kim Day