Monday, September 14, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!

We spent the weekend at Family Camp with Christ Baptist Church. It was nice to "get away" from the mess at the house and spend time with new friends. The theme this year was Lift Jesus Higher. Four different pastors from the church lead the sessions. We enjoyed great food, fellowship and play. Brit loved playing rugby and cricket. Luke, well, he stayed VERY busy! We went on a hike to a waterfall and then some of us went on hike to the top of the mountain. We ended camp last night at church and the pastor spoke from Philippians 2:1-11. He talked about the fact that Jesus Christ IS Lord. It is so important to take a look at our lives and see if He truly IS Lord in our life. Lip service is not enough! My prayer for our family is that He will remain Lord at all times to us. That we will truly seek and live for Him! I want to remain at His feet and serve Him with my whole heart.

Brit is getting ready for a game of Rugby.


We were sitting by the waterfall.


Luke and I on the top of the mountain. It took us 3 hours to go to the top and back.


On the hike we went through the valley at the top and then went up the back side of the mountain and ended up on the top of the left side.


Playing a game.


We came back from church last night and had a quick dinner and then got the kids in bed. We needed to take care of things on email and I was able to skype with my granddad. We went to bed thinking about all that still needs to be accomplished this week. (Side note we got word that our container is arriving on Tuesday and the house is torn up) So to say the least we have been a little stressed just on how to get it all accomplished. We know God is in control and that He has a plan. He is LORD of all things!

I didn't sleep well last night and then 5:15 came very early this morning. We got up and got the kids ready for school. I left to take the kids and Mark stayed waiting on the builders to get to the house. I drove around the corner and up the road to the stop sign where I cross the highway and head to school. I was 2 cars away from the stop sign and the car stopped and I couldn't get it to start. The guys behind me got out and came to help and he got it started. Praise the Lord. By this time traffic is getting bad. I moved the car up to the stop sign and it stopped again. I do praise the Lord it stopped at the stop sign and not any further out or in the middle of the road. We sat there and I could not get it started. By that time the traffic behind me was back up so far. I couldn't even put the car in reverse and back out of the way. We just waited and I told the kids to start praying. I was praying that one of our neighbors would come by that had kids in the same school. Soon a man stopped and asked if I had a phone. Which I did not. We only have one cell phone and I left it at the house. He went to the house to let Mark know what was going on. We just waited and people kept going on around me. After a while a lady pulled up beside me and asked if I was ok. I told her someone went to fetch my husband. She had 2 girls with her and she offered to give my kids a lift to school. I could see they had the same uniform on. I told them to go so they wouldn't be late. I just prayed they would be safe. That made the momma in me nervous but I had to trust that God was answering my prayer for someone to help me get the kids to school. I waited a little longer and if you know me I was frustrated about the car. I kept thinking I had so much to get done today to get ready for our container to arrive and to make a plan on where to put all the boxes since the house is such a mess and on and on and on my mind went. I felt bad for for being in the way of all those cars that needed to go. On and on. I knew God would take care of me but just overwhelmed with it all.

Then I saw Sean and his family and they pulled off to help me get the car out of the road. (Mark had called them since the workers were at the house and he couldn't leave.) They finally got it to start and drove it to the house. I will tell you I had a moment and I praise God for sending my friends to me to help. Sean and Gabriel got the car taken car of and Gena listened to me cry and encourage me. I praise the Lord for the people He has put in our lives here. They were able to do something to the car and hopefully it will work now.

I made a call to the school to double check my kids made it and they had. I thank the Lord for his provision and protection!

The contractor came over to help us measure some things we need to finish off the walls. He said they can try to have the house finished by Wednesday or Thursday. He said he is still in between jobs and he has no work for his people so he brought them all here. We have 16 people in the house working. Some are plastering the bedroom walls, some are in the master bath finishing it so the tile man can start, some are taking out the 2nd door in the hall bath and bricking it up, some are preparing the floor in the lounge for the foundation to be poured and some a busy making concrete. God is so good and He is in control - even when things seem impossible.

Mark and Joseph left to go get more supplies and I was able to spend some time in the word and God took me to Philippians 4: 4-7 ...
Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

All I can say is Praise God! I am so in awe of how He continues to provide for us over and over. How He has every last detail taken care of.

Here are some pictures of the work being done today...

These guys are working on the floor in the lounge where the stage was. They are getting it ready to pour a foundation.


He is taking out the door that went into the toilet at the end of the hall. When the seminary used this house they built a wall to separate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. We knocked that wall out and made it one bathroom again. They will brick up the extra door. Then we will build a closet for linens etc.


Mark and Joseph went to get supplies.


We had to order sand and rocks today for the foundation.


It is 12:45 here and it has been an hour since I originally posted this blog entry. Mark just got off the phone with the guy in charge of our shipping container and he asked us if we would like him to wait until the Thursday to come. It won't cost us any extra. HUGE answer to prayer. You should see how my shoulders just relaxed a little. Praise God!

Now it is 2:15. I went to pick up the kids from school and I was supposed to have a meeting at 2:00 with Luke's teacher. I got to the same stop sign and the car died AGAIN! This time I had my phone. I called Joseph who just left our house and he went back to the house and stayed so Mark could come get me. I called Gena to get the kids, Wally to let the kids know and Sharyn to have her call the school and reschedule my appointment. Wow - please pray for us. Looks like this car needs more work than originally thought!

It is now 7:15 pm ... Sean & Gabriel came over and worked on the car this afternoon. Brit told me that the lady that took them to school this morning was her science teacher. Again all I can say is Praise God. We are exhausted! Time to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee and relax.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Amazing God!!! What a day! God is always watching over us! I was reading your blog and telling Joseph about it right before I read the part about Brit's Science teacher! That just brought tears to my eyes. I thank God for his protection over you guys! The house is moving right along! Can't wait to catch up! Love you so so much!
Jenn & Joseph