Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Luke's Birthday Party ... he is 13!

We celebrated Luke's birthday on outreach and then when we returned home for a few days he really wanted to go play paintball.  So we got a group together and off we went.  It turned out to be a lot of fun and very inexpensive.  Only $11.30 per person for a full kit (overalls, mask, vest and gun with 50 free balls plus we split 1000 balls).  They spent 3 hours battling it out!



getting instructions

Brit and Luke



The owner asked where we were from (all but 2 are from the States, one from South Africa and one from Zimbabwe).  He wanted to take their picture for his Facebook page.  They like to highlight where people are from.






After several games, the owner called for a blue overall and told me I was the VIP that had to be saved.  (I was not even playing - just taking pictures!) Anyway, I had to choose 3 body guards and they had to find me and take me to two destinations and protecting me from getting shot.  Well, we made it from the first to the second with no problems.  My competitive nature was starting to get in the game at this point.  By the time we were heading to our last destination,  I saw Handsome hiding under a vehicle.  I yelled to Mark that he was there but with his mask on he thought I said get in the vehicle!  Needless to say that was not a great move.  All of a sudden within seconds my body guards were dead and so was I .... thanks to Brit who shot me not once but THREE times point blank less than 5 yards from me.  It didn't feel so great and I have 3 not so pretty bruises!  Brit is still loving the fact that they won!










It was a great day and Luke had a blast!  It is still hard to believe he is 13!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Every time I look at these pictures, I still can't believe you are thirteen! My precious sweet baby granndson! I can still picture the day you we're born. What a sweet gift from God you have been! I really love this new deep voice you are rocking! Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!
Then to see our beautiful 18 year old precious granddaughter standing with you dressed in fatigues brings back so many memories! Brit, you would always let me curl your hair and even put bows in it until your mom and dad were there! What a precious blessing you have been! What joy and sweet blessings God has given me, two awesome grandchildren! But Brit, your took your mom down! Oh how I could see through that huge smile! Loving every minute of it! The picture with the United States flag was awesome! Looks to me like all of you had a fabulous time celebrating Luke's birthday! It has been a big year with both of you having milestone birthdays. Love you all so very much! Happy Happy Birthday!
Love,
Grandmom PopPop loves you too!