Monday, June 24, 2013

Has it really been four years?

Four years ago today we landed in South Africa and arrived at our new home.  In a way it seems like yesterday but on the other hand it seems so long ago.  The Lord has done so much in our family over the last four plus years.  I will be honest the journey has not always been easy BUT worth EVERY step! 

We are sitting in our tent in Tshikota on outreach with a team from Fannin Terrace Baptist Church in Midland, Texas.  This is Brad's brothers church and his sister in law and nephew are here on this team.  It is bittersweet for sure as Jill's presence in missed in so many ways.  The Lord this morning spoke to me in my devotion and I wanted to share it with you ...


The other thing I wanted to share today is from our daughter ...

she was insistent we take a picture this morning
This evening I logged on to Facebook and found this photo and Brit's status.  
4 years ago today I stepped off a plane onto South African soil with my family. I was a young 14 year old girl who had been forced to leave all that she knew and live in a country that she had only been to once when she was 11. I had no idea what God had in store for my life. Looking back now, I can see that He has done a lot. He gave me a love for Africa, He put Godly women in my life to encourage me, He gave me great friends and the most amazing best friend a girl could ask for. It has been hard sometimes, but I wouldn't trade this journey for anything!

Well, let me say two things 
1.  That brought tears to my eyes
2.  I think she said it all!

We want to thank you for your love, encouragement, support and MOST OF ALL your prayers for our family!  We are so thankful to be able to server the Lord here in Africa! 

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Wow, Britnee, what a powerful message! This truly has been an incredible journey for each of you and all of us who love you and are praying for you. Alicia, the devotion for the day was so good. "Hold My hand and trust!" That is what each of us has to do constantly. Trust Him! We love each of you so much and trust God and thank Him for all He has done and will continue to do. He never promised us easy, but He did promise us He would be with us! We love you so much.
Mom and Dad