Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

We went to Fraser Valley Baptist Church tonight.  This pastor at this church recently had to move and they do not have a pastor at this time.  We met Tim, who is one of the elders in the church and he was the person preaching tonight.  He spoke tonight about Resolutions and took us to to three different people in the Bible to look at and to challenge us. 

First, we went looked at Joshua and focused on Joshua chapter 24.  He pointed out Joshua's resolution in the last part of vs 15 "... But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Next, we looked at Daniel and focused on Daniel chapter 1.  He pointed out Daniel's resolution in vs 8 ... "But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the king's food, or with the wine that he drank. Therefore he asked the chief of the eunuchs to allow him not to defile himself."

Last, we looked at Jesus and focused on Mark chapter 14.  He pointed out Jesus' resolution in vs 36 ..."And he said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Tonight the challenge for us all to look at was ...

1.  Who will I serve?
2.  Where will I draw the line?  
3.  Am I willing to follow God regardless of the personal cost?  

I am so thankful that we were able to attend Fraser Valley BC tonight!  These are 3 questions I never want to forget! 

2 comments:

annalee said...

thank you for sharing this lesson!
happy new year to you all.

Anonymous said...

Yes, great questions to keep asking ourselves throughout the year...