Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Alicia's surprise in Mentz

Last Tuesday was our normal Bible study afternoon in Mentz it also happened to be my birthday.  We headed out to Meriam's house and when we got there we noticed her daughter was just finishing putting the table cloth on the table under her Lapa "porch". The wind was blowing and it was getting a little cool and Meriam came and said, "Alicia, let's meet inside. The wind is not good for me since I have a cough"."  Mark and I were fine with that and we headed inside.  I thought there might only be Meriam and her daughter there for Bible study but it would be fine.  We walked in the house and all of a sudden I hear them singing to me.  Everyone was waiting inside for us to get there and they had planned a party.    I couldn't believe it.  These ladies and young men all brought something to share in the celebration.  We had drinks, cakes, cookies and chips!    They made sure we spent some time studying God's Word before we had food.  What a special day! 

 




 

 

 

      






No comments: