Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Franco's and Sonic

Needed to have a little bit of home cookin' tonight!  So I pulled out one of the best cookbooks I have ever seen or used ... thanks to Gena who has let me "borrow" it from her while she is in the States.  Since I only have a few more weeks until I have to give it back I thought I would show you what I have learned to cook over the last few months...


homemade Spanish rice and refried beans


this is what I call "GOLD" in the oven - yum corn tortillas

final result
 We are having tostadas with taco meat, refried beans, Spanish rice and guacamole and cherry lime-aids - let me tell ya ... a few weeks ago was the first time in 19 months that we have had fresh limes - or even lime juice! So of course we are now having cherry lime-aids for a special treat! So we are having a little bit of Franco's with a little bit of Sonic today!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Now that looks amazing! I bet it was quite tasty too. Who would have ever believed you would be cooking like this! I hope you ate it very slowly and savored every morsel and sip!
Love you all very much!
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Mexican is possible. It is our favorite. I guess they don't have packaged spanish rice that you just add water to? :) Oh my I think I'm really going to have some adjustments to make in the kitchen.