Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quick update

I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. Isaiah 61:4

This has been a BUSY few weeks but the Lord has continued to show His goodness, grace, love and mercy in our lives.

It is almost 11 pm here and we are leaving in the morning for Mozambique. Mark and William will be teaching the leaders for the monthly leaders training and myself, the kids and my parents get to go in as well. I am excited for my parent to be able to experience Mozambique. I just wanted to update everyone on things that have been going on here at home and ask that you please pray for us as we go to Mozambique.

My parents arrived one week ago today and they have been thrown right into our busy lives. We were given money several months ago to use towards a security fence for our house and they started building it this past Tuesday. Well on Wednesday morning they plugged in their welder and it popped a breaker (which by the way popping breakers are a common problem in the house.) Normally we can just flip it and get back to work. Well not that day! We ended up having to replace the earth link breaker and then also had to find what the rest of the problem was. It took the electrician about 5 hours on Wednesday and then another 2 hours Thursday morning but they got it fixed.

Next came the rain. We have had so much rain and it doesn't look like it is going to stop for several more days. The pattern has been several rain showers throughout the day and night. Things are very muddy and the house continues to leak but it isn't anything that a few towels can't take care of. It does look like it has been raining in Mozambique and that it may rain there while we are there. Should be fun and messy for my mom's first ever camping trip.

Saturday we noticed we were having problems with our drain outside. Long story short Sunday morning we got to spend a few minutes with the "snake" outside trying to clear the drain. It worked for awhile then began to clog again (gross). Because it was a holiday here on Monday the plumber couldn't come til today. So first thing this morning he came and cleared the drain and told us the main problem is really on the city side. So the drain is clear and things smell better here!

Monday, Brit and I went to do the shopping for the food for Mozambique and we finished it today. Mom and I made road food and finished packing. Mark has been busy with his studies and taking care of last minute things before we leave.

Today we celebrated Brit's birthday with a movie and dinner with a few of her friends. Fun times and we are so blessed to have her as our daughter.

We head out in the morning and I am asking for you to please cover us in prayer. Here are a few things you can pray for...

- safe travels - with all the rain, the road in Mozambique is going to be rough!

- our health

- the leaders as they come to the training

- Mark and William as they teach

- Member and Derrick as they translate

- Me, the kids and my parents as we interact with the people in the village. (Praying that they see Jesus in us! Praying for opportunities to share the love of Christ.)

- snakes! The last two months Mark has gone in for training they have killed a snake. Honestly snakes scare me (not to mention our daughter and my mom) Please pray against the fear and we are praying that we don't even see any. Please pray for safety and protection.

Thank you so much for following our journey and praying for us and supporting us. We praise the Lord for His protection and provision in our lives. More updates soon.


9 months is a long time to wait for a hug. Yes I cried!


House before fence


progress on the fence - the rain is slowing things down a little but it already feels better to have a fence going up.


We are making road food!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Perfect Pictures!!! I love them all! And yes, nine months is way too long to wait for a hug. I guess we are going to set the record. That makes me cry. I miss you Sis!
Love you
Jenn

Deela said...

Sweet sweet family time-- I pray blessings on your time of fellowship and protection for your ministry as you travel to physically be the hands and feet of Christ.