Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What a Day!!!

Well before I begin I have to back up a few days and fill you in. ALL praise and glory to God and Him alone!!!

At the beginning of last week we received our first 2 support response cards at the church. On Monday we had two more gifts given and both of these were towards housing. Praise God! He continues to provide and open doors for us.

This afternoon I received an email from Elaine, our financial secretary at the church, she wanted to let us know that she had received a one time anonymous gift for our mission. I was AMAZED!!! All praise and glory to GOD!

This evening I opened an ornament that was sent for our family. When I opened it I began to cry. God chose today for that ornament to arrive and it is the perfect ornament for our family.



We do have FAITH in Him and Him alone. He is the One who has called our family and He is the One who will provide for us to do His mission work in Africa.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love to hear all of the news! This is exciting to see how God is working in your lives. I love you all! That ornament belongs front and center of the Christmas tree!!!
Love you
Jenn

andre'a said...

This was a post worth writing! and reading for that matter! very encouraging for me to see what you are doing and how the Lord continues to work! I miss your family a ton, but it's a blessing to be able to read what is going on!
Andre'a

Gayle said...

Hebrews 11:1 Now FAITH is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Faith lets us be content in our circumstances even when life doesn't make sense. Faith is trusting completely in God, His word, and His promises. Faith is believing in the plans He has made for us. Faith is having complete confidence in God's character.
The Lord is MY ROCK! He is in control!
May God continue to unfold His plans for your lives. May you continue to follow Him in FAITH knowing that He loves each of you so very much and that HIS plans are perfect!
We have FAITH that God will take care of you no matter where He takes you. We have always thanked God for you. We love each of you very much!

FAITH----PEACE-----JOY!!!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Amanda said...

I am just beginning my support raising...keep me posted on how ya'll are doing! I'm hoping to make it to Angelo in January, so maybe we can get together and chat!!!